Keep Your Teeth in Top Shape With General Dentistry in Covington, TN
General dentistry in Covington is where a healthy mouth begins. During dental cleanings, exams, and other general dental care, our dentist Dr. A. Roy Wrather will:
- Find issues like cavities in the early stages so he can treat them before they become larger problems
- Teach you the best ways to care for your teeth at home, including making smart dietary choices
- Provide treatments like fluoride and dental sealants to help prevent cavities and gum disease
- Keep your teeth looking and feeling great
To schedule your next exam or other general dental care, call 901-245-6276.
Get to Know Us During Your First Dental Exam
We’ll take the time to get to know you during your first dental exam. You’ll receive a thorough cleaning, with one of our hygienists removing the cavity-causing plaque you miss while brushing and flossing at home. We’ll also:
- Take X-rays and use cavity detectors to assess your overall dental health
- Make suggestions on how you can improve your oral hygiene
- Walk you through possible treatment plans for any dental issues
- Ensure you understand all of your finance options
Prevent Tooth Loss With Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adults. So Dr. Wrather and the hygienists are looking for signs of it during every dental exam. If they find any, the hygienist will perform a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing to restore your gums to health. If you’re experiencing gum tenderness or bleeding, don’t wait until your next exam. Give us a call ASAP.
Feel Relief With Treatments For Dry Mouth & Halitosis
A shortage of saliva is problematic. It causes uncomfortable dry mouth and, often, halitosis (bad breath). It also makes you more cavity-prone. Dr. Wrather will determine the reasons for your dry mouth and provide you with products that can help relieve your symptoms and also help prevent tooth decay.
Protect Teeth With a Custom Mouthguard
If you have athletes in your family or are an athlete yourself, you’ll benefit from custom-made mouthguards. Using impressions of your teeth and other precise measurements, we’ll make you a mouthguard that fits perfectly. Because it fits better than a store-bought mouthguard, it will be more comfortable to wear and will protect your teeth better.
To visit a practice that takes general dentistry seriously, call 901-245-6276.