Improve Your Smile With Orthodontics in Covington, TN
Most people are pleased with the straight smile they get from wearing metal braces but less happy about spending long months with a metallic grin. They worry about how a mouthful of metal will affect their lives during treatment. Fortunately, there are new choices in orthodontics in Covington. We offer one of them here at Wrather Family Dentistry, a system called ClearCorrect. It uses a series of clear plastic aligners instead of metal wires and brackets to straighten your smile.
The clear aligners are:
- Nearly Invisible – The aligners are so discreet, most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them. If you have a big occasion, you won’t have a metal mouth in photos.
- Comfortable to Wear – Without wires or brackets to rub against soft tissue, the aligners won’t irritate your mouth the way braces can.
- Convenient – You can remove your clear aligners for meals, so you can eat whatever you’d like without worries about food getting caught in braces. It’s easier to brush and clean your teeth, too.
- Faster than Braces – Individual treatment times will vary, but the average time spent in clear aligners is 12 months. That’s months shorter than the typical treatment with metal braces.
Their low profile and convenience make clear aligners especially appealing for adult smiles, but teenagers can usually wear them too. To see if they are right for you, call 901-245-6276.
Following Your Custom Treatment Plan Is Simple
Dr. A. Roy Wrather takes impressions of your teeth and other measurements, then uses 3D software to create a treatment plan for you. The information is sent to a special lab, where your aligners are produced. When your custom-made aligners arrive, he’ll check the fit of the first ones and review your treatment plan with you.
You wear each set of aligners about two weeks, then move to the next ones in the series. Over time, your teeth move into place. You’ll visit our Covington office every four to six weeks for a quick checkup. That’s it!
Promote Healthy Tooth Development in Younger Smiles
For younger smiles, we also offer Nite-Guide®, an orthodontic appliance that creates room for healthy tooth development in young children. It gently guides jaw development to help prevent issues such as crowding, crossbites, and open bites. It can also be used to prevent destructive teeth grinding (bruxism).
Perfect Your Smile With Additional Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Once your teeth are nice and straight, you may want to improve other aspects of your smile too. You can choose from these cosmetic dentistry services:
- Dental Veneers – Thin porcelain “shells” hide many flaws, including chips and stains.
- Teeth Whitening – Brighten your smile in our office or at home.
- Tooth Bonding – This treatment conceals flaws in just one visit to our office.
- Gum Reshaping – A laser gives you a great-looking gumline.
- Teeth Contouring – This procedure makes minor adjustments to your teeth’s shape.
- Snap-On Smile® – Wear this removable, custom-made prosthetic over your smile.
To find out more about orthodontics in Covington, call 901-245-6276.