Eliminate Jaw Pain With TMJ Treatment in Covington, TN
If you have chronic jaw pain, we may be able to eliminate it with TMJ treatment in Covington. For many people, the pain is caused by problems with your temporomandibular joints (TMJ), which connect your jaw to the rest of your skull. Dr. A. Roy Wrather will use conservative, nonsurgical methods to relieve pressure on your TMJ and relieve your pain.
- Makes it possible to eat and otherwise use your jaw without pain
- Relieves chronic headaches and other symptoms often associated with TMJ disorders (TMD)
- Prevents jaw pain from spreading to your neck, shoulders, and other areas
- Protects your smile from the destructive effects of teeth grinding (bruxism), which often occurs in patients with TMD
- Doesn’t involve surgery or drugs
Ready to end your jaw pain? Call Wrather Family Dentistry at 901-245-6276.
Take a Conservative Approach to Treating TMJ Disorder
Dr. Wrather believes in using the most conservative approaches possible to treating TMJ disorders. These approaches relieve TMJ symptoms without surgery or drugs and work well for many people:
- Custom Mouthguard – Using impressions of your teeth and other precise measurements, Dr. Wrather will create a custom-made mouthguard that shifts your jaw into a position that relieves pressure on your TMJ and also prevents you from grinding your teeth. This gives your jaw a chance to heal. Wearing a mouthguard at night also allows you to get a better night’s rest.
- Occlusal Adjustment Procedure – For more complex cases of TMD, Dr. Wrather may make adjustments to the biting surfaces of your teeth to promote a better bite, without tension placed on your jaw muscles.
Stay Mindful of Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
A sore jaw isn’t the only symptom of a TMJ disorder. You should see Dr. Wrather right away if you’re experiencing any of these other issues:
- Unexplained earache
- Facial swelling, especially around the jaw
- Popping or clicking noises from your jaw
- Chronic headaches
- Difficulty and/or pain while chewing
Think you may need TMJ treatment in Covington? Call 901-245-6276. We also serve surrounding communities like Atoka, Garland, and Brighton.